Monday 6 February 2012

Journal Writing Prompt 38 - Life On Your Terms

Today, a very simple but very profound question. Are you living your life on your terms? I am not at this moment, but I am conscious of it, and trying to move towards living my life on my terms.

What does that even mean?


It may mean different thing to different people. To me, first and foremost it means being in-charge of my own time. To work for things I believe in. To do things that nourish my soul. I don't think that's a lot to ask. 

Some people might consider it selfish. You especially hear that from "traditionalists" who focus on what one "should" do rather than what one "wants" to do. But think about it - if you do things you love, you are more likely to do it well. You are more likely to contribute something significant to the world. That's a WIN - WIN. 


So what do you think? Are you living your life on your terms? If not, what are you going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment